Friday, July 2, 2010

A Special Award from a Special Person

Good morning, everyone!

I'm so very excited today - and so very grateful!


Debbie at House at the Lake passed on "The Versatile Blogger" Award to me this week and I feel so very honored! Thank you, sweet sister and friend! xoxo
You will never know how much this means to me.
 Me....

A chic who has never won anything in her life...
 (...anything that this menopausal mind can recall, anyway.)
But today, that's all changed!
Woo hoo!!

(Picture me doing the Happy Dance.
Ok.....scratch that picture.  
Not a good one.)

All right. Time to follow the rules of winning this honor.

SHARE SEVEN THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF:
(only 7?)
1.  I am a daughter of God, live a very blessed life, and am grateful for it.

2.  I love my hubby, my three cats, and my two dogs with all my heart.


3.  I have known Debbie from House at the Lake for 25+ years, and I love her dearly.


4.  I love to eat pickles and cheese...together (hey, don't turn up your nose til you try it).

5.  I never tire of looking at or hearing the ocean, and wish it was summer all year long.


6.  I believe that you should never eat cottage cheese with any type of fruit.  
(that's just wrong!)

7.  Cool, crisp linen bedding, vintage French ticking, chippy paint, and French pitchers are four of my obsessions. (like you didn't know that already...)



8.  (I have to stop here?  But I have so many other things I want to share.........ok...ok...)

NEWER BLOGS YOU'RE FOLLOWING: 
(and will send a Versatile Blogger Award to)

1.  House at the Lake (Debbie continues to turn her lake home into a dreamy cottage)
2.  Faded Plains (Andrea takes flea markets finds and works her magic on them)
3.  Cottage Dreamers (Celeste shares her country home building decor secrets)
4.  Summerhouse (Lori has some wonderfully creative ideas and resources for low-cost design)
5.  Forever Cottage (Laura shares her life and decor in Perth)
6.  Faded Charm (Kathleen is one of us with her love of chippy, worn, and faded things)
7.  Creamy White (Li lives a simple, laid back life in Canada and lets us take a peek at it)

(And I certainly can not leave out Sarah at A Beach Cottage, Maria at Dreamy Whites, Janice at Canadian Cottage, and Jo at Secret Garden Cottage!)

There are so many more blogs that I am currently following ( you know who you are and I love you all!), and I tell you....they are ALL such an inspiration as well as motivation for me. I wish I could visit each and every one of you every day!


I have discovered that while visiting in this new, exciting blogland I've fallen in to, there is a whole new world of friends. Friends who are like-minded.  Gals who see the world through their cameras and know that every picture tells a story -- and here we are out here, just waiting to hear that story and to share in a small part of their lives.

Thank you all for helping me to see the world around me as an opportunity to laugh, to treasure the little things, and to recognize it (and you!) as a blessing each and every day!


 Now....go and visit Debbie at her lake house. She's waiting to welcome you!
And be sure to check out all my favs which are listed along the right side.

You're going to fall in love...and make a lot of friends, too!

Thanks again, Debbie!  xoxo

{Hugs} everyone!

~ laurie












11 comments:

  1. Dear Laurie...CONGRATULATIONS on your blog award. You deserve it! Have a firecracker weekend, too! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Congrats Laurie on your blog award. I agree with you on the vintage and chippy white! It is wonderful. Oh, and the ocean too.
    Have a great 4th!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello;)
    Thank you so much for your very nice comment towards my blog. I am glad I could inspire you with the grays and the shutters ;) I hope you will reveal a picture of them sometime.

    You actually said it very well in your post, that we are all people who see the world through our cameras and ain't it fun ;)
    All the best desiree

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exactly why you received an award Lauie..just look at those pictures! well, not the one of my gigantic body. LOVE the bleeding hearts with your sign!!! LOVELY post.
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blog from a beautiful lady-inside AND out! Thanks for being part of my "new" world! You deserve this wonderful award.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm guilty of eating cottage cheese with pineapples (yum, yum) but I've never tried pickles and cheese. Sounds like it might be good.
    I wish it were summer all year too!
    You're very sweet to include me in this award.
    Thank you so much!
    ☺ Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  7. It just warms my heart to hear from all of you and I just so feel your support, encouragement, and love! Thank you for being you and for helping me be me! muuwa! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is beautiful...and I loved reading your "7 things" list and getting to know you a bit more. Have a happy and safe 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh...and thanks so much for thinking of me for this award...your too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats and well deserved!
    And I TOTALLY agree about not eating fruit with cottage cheese! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Bless you and thank you for visiting! I read each of your comments and treasure them all. So, please make sure your settings will accept emails, or leave your email address so that I can reply! ♥ Laurie