Friday, August 20, 2010

Honey...did we bring the U-Haul? (Part 1)



Oh, my goodness.....
Our anniversary day trip was almost overwhelming for me.

IS there such a thing as "treasure hunting overload"...?

Our first stop on our trip toward the lakeshore, was always our first stop. Each year, we simply can not drive by this intriguing shop without squealing the brakes and kicking up some gravel dust as we pull in.  
This place is a Must See....and you'll soon see why.....

Anderson Schoolhouse Gallery sits magnificently in a huge old barn off a main drag in Fennville, Michigan and is run by Michael, a sweet, soft spoken, born-again Christian man (who, btw, we spent over an hour with just sharing our testimonies which was such a blessing!).


We wandered for a solid couple hours here, weaving in and out of all of the vintage goodness...

Are you ready?  
Deep breath...!

Here's your "treasure hunting overload".....

(Yeah, those are all zinc tops on those babies...and I claimed two of them)
(And I could have claimed many more...)

(That Seven Up box found a new home)

(Delicious enamelware everywhere...)


(A sweet old composition book)

(Vintage linens hung with care)

(A touch of farmhouse appeal)

(Antique silver tea sets galore)

(Vintage grain sacks up in the rafters)




(Luscious lavender bottles by the boxful)

(Frogs of all types)

(Wonderful old milk bottles)

(Beautiful antique handcrafted boxes from all over the world)

(Sea-glass blue bottles)

(Can you just imagine this creamy white....?)

So....there you have it.

Deep breath.....and.....sigh!

And that was only the FIRST stop on our adventure!

Stay tuned for Part 2!


{Hugs} to you, my friends!

~laurie





16 comments:

  1. Oh Laurie ~ what wonderful eye candy, especially the cabinet (which would be white at my house)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Laurie-It sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary. I can only imagine how much fun you had. I love that place-from the outside appeal to inside. I had a couple of those zinc topped babies and I think I gave them to someone that really wanted them. Yeah-that's how bright I am! lol That cabinet is a gorgeous piece (but you're right-I think it needs a coat of paint). I hope you took before and after pictures of the U-Haul. lol

    Wait until you hear MY annivesary story...it will make you cry-uh that would be with laughter and not tears of joy. Yeh...one of "those" stories.

    I am off to work until 8pm. Have a great day/evening/life- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I WANT TO GO THERE!!!!!!!
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Laurie,
    I would have had a hard time not coming home with a truck load from this place! Sounds like you had a wonderful day! I guess great minds think alike, 'cause as soon as I saw the antique curio cabinet, I thought how much better it would look painted creamy white. And then I read your caption! Too funny! Love all of the blue glass canning jars. I have quite a few, and I enjoy using them to store everything from dog treats to nuts! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome place...something for everyone! What are your plans for the 7UP box?

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my....I would just be beside myself with all the pickins! Simply love these pics! Have a great weekend sweets!
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing shop. Yes, I think there is such a thing as "overload" :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Overload occurs when one can't decide which to select based on amount of room to haul it home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You narrowed in on all the things I look for too. Hope you scored some grain sacks!!!

    xx
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Laurie~ such fun stuff!
    Enjoy your weekend.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, treasure overload is right!
    What great stuff. :-)

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great place! I have never been there but I think that is worth a little trip! So glad that you had a great stop here! Cabinet would look beautiful white!!! Can't wait to see your next stop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Drooling... still drooling... still drooling! OMG... how do you choose?! Too much good stuff... all the mason jars and bottles and crates... sigh!
    Can't wait to see part 2 and to see all the goodies you came home with!
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs ~ Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a haul! OMOGOSH! Love everything! I'd have had sooo much fun in that place!

    My Mollie ate something bad...some vermin thingy. She is no longer allowed to visit potty-land alone.

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  15. GREAT place!!! sunflowers are très FAB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun trip and a place of treasures all in one spot!! What more could a girl want. You have a gift for making things interesting and fun.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog but I had deleted the post that had the pictures I asked for opinions on. Nobody gave me an opinion and I've decided to stop asking. It just makes me feel too alone when no one responds. But thank you so much for looking anyway. I am going to concentrate more on writing (my first love) and making it fit with makeover items (further down list of loves) as opposed to the other way around. Thank you for taking the time to visit me, I really appreciate it. I just finished redoing my bed and those pictures will be coming up soon.

    Barbara
    MY BLOG

    ReplyDelete

Bless you and thank you for visiting! I read each of your comments and treasure them all. So, please make sure your settings will accept emails, or leave your email address so that I can reply! ♥ Laurie